Cambridge International AS & A Level Accounting engages students with the relevance and applicability of accounting in real-world
contexts and encourages interest in the role and responsibilities of the accountant. Studying this subject helps students to
understand, apply, analyse and evaluate accounting information to aid decision-making in business and communicate information to
The aims are to enable students to:
- Understand the role of accounting as an information system for monitoring, problem-solving and
- appreciate the ethical issues that underpin the practice of accounting and their impact on the behavior of the accountant and of businesses.
- Appreciate the place of accounting in managing business change in response to economic, social and technological developments.
- Develop the ability to apply and evaluate accounting concepts, principles, policies and practices.
- Develop skills of communication, analysis, interpretation and presentation of both qualitative and quantitative accounting information.
- Develop skills and knowledge needed for further study or employment in accounting or business.
- Preparation of financial statements
- Business purchase and merger
- Consignment and Joint venture accounts
- Computerized accounting systems
- Analysis and communication of accounting information
- Activity based costing (ABC)
- Budgeting and budgetary control
- Standard costing
- Investment appraisal
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 20 weeks
- Skill level Intermediate
- Language English
- Students 9
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes