What exactly is freelancing?
Are you considering freelancing as a career but not sure where to start? Freelancing is a popular and growing way of working, and it’s no surprise why. It offers a unique level of freedom, flexibility, and control over your career. But, what exactly is freelancing and what are the benefits of freelancing?
Freelancing refers to working independently, rather than being tied to a specific employer or company. As a freelancer, you have the ability to choose the projects you work on, set your own schedule, and work from anywhere. This is a great option for people who want to be their own boss, have more control over their work-life balance and have a more flexible schedule.
The benefits of freelancing are many, but a few of the most notable include:
- The ability to work from anywhere: Freelancing allows you to work from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection. This means you can work from home, a coffee shop, or even while traveling.
- Flexibility in terms of work schedule: As a freelancer, you have the freedom to set your own schedule and work when it’s most convenient for you. This is especially beneficial for those with family or other obligations that make a traditional 9-5 schedule difficult.
- The ability to choose the projects you work on: One of the most significant benefits of freelancing is the ability to pick and choose the projects you work on. You can focus on projects that align with your skills and interests, and that you’re truly passionate about.
- The ability to charge more for your services: Freelancers typically charge more for their services than employees, as they don’t have the overhead costs of a company.
- The ability to diversify your income streams: Freelancing allows you to take on multiple clients and projects at once, which can help diversify your income streams and reduce financial risk.
Freelancing has become an increasingly popular career choice in recent years. According to a report by Upwork, the number of freelancers in the US has grown by 3.7 million since 2014, and is projected to continue growing in the coming years. A study by Freelancer’s Union and Upwork also found that 36% of the US workforce is now made up of freelancers, and it is expected to reach 50% by 2027. The freelancing economy is also on the rise in Pakistan. According to the State Bank of Pakistan, freelancers in Pakistan earned $1 billion in 2020, with the majority of the earnings coming from IT-related services such as software development, website design, and digital marketing. The number of freelancers in Pakistan is also expected to grow in the coming years, as more and more young professionals turn to freelancing as a viable career option. Additionally, the government of Pakistan has also recognized the potential of the freelancing economy and has taken steps to support and promote it. The government has launched various initiatives and platforms to help freelancers connect with international clients and access training and resources to improve their skills.
Overall, freelancing is a great career option for those who want to be their own boss, have more control over their work-life balance and have a more flexible schedule. With the rise of the freelancing economy in Pakistan, it is a great time to consider freelancing as a career choice. Not only that, but freelancers also report high levels of job satisfaction and income stability. According to a report by Payoneer, 72% of freelancers said they were happier now than when they were working traditional jobs. Additionally, 84% of freelancers reported earning more money than they did in their previous jobs.
If you’re interested in freelancing and want to learn more about how to start, Green Edtech is offering a 3-month boot camp that will provide you with a roadmap to success. Collaborating with enablers, the boot camp will teach you important principles and step-by-step techniques for providing freelancing services and starting a career as a professional freelancer. With a special discount for students of Hira Foundation School, Hira Institute of Emerging Sciences, and Jamia Darul Uloom Karachi, this is a great opportunity to advance your career and take the first step towards freelancing success.
Register for the course now by clicking here and join us at the HFS Boys Campus in Korangi for classes and if you already have freelancing skill and search for an opportunity to start your own statup you can list your service at Imarkplace and expands your client base