The aims describe the purposes of a course based on this syllabus.
You can deliver some of the aims using suitable local, international or historical examples and applications, or
through collaborative practical work.
The aims are to enable students to:
• acquire scientific knowledge and understanding of scientific theories and practice
• develop a range of experimental skills, including handling variables and working safely
• use scientific data and evidence to solve problems and discuss the limitations of scientific methods
• communicate effectively and clearly, using scientific terminology, notation and conventions
• understand that the application of scientific knowledge can benefit people and the environment
• enjoy science and develop an informed interest in scientific matters which support further study.